Death is the “Elephant in the Room.” It happens to all of us but no-one likes to talk about it. Talking about your wishes with respect to your health, your finances and your estate is the best gift you can give your family to ensure they maintain a solid relationship after you pass. Help them execute your wishes rather than guess what you want.
Please contact us to do a needs assessment to determine if your estate is well positioned to transfer to the next generation.
Ensuring Your Estate is in Order: Health Directives
Ensuring Your Estate is in Order: Financial Considerations
Ensuring Your Estate is in Order: Estate Goals & Executor Responsibilities
Laura Ross Estate Consulting can work with you to do a needs assessment to ensure your wishes with respect to your health, finances and estate have been clearly documented and communicated with your family. This will allow for a smooth execution of your estate and reduce family conflict as much as possible.
- Meet with couples/families to do a needs assessment of the estate including future health needs, financial assets, reducing probate, family vacation properties, transfer of wealth etc.
- Meet to understand and identify overall estate goals and identify possible challenges with the estate and determine logical solutions to solve them.
- Assist the family with a communication strategy to discuss their estate with their family members.
- Discuss with the executor their role and ensure there is an understanding of the issues involved
- Provide a plan to proceed with getting the estate in good working order.
In addition, we can work closely with the Executor, post death, to provide direction on estate execution or handle the full range of Executor duties on your behalf at a much lower cost than a lawyer or financial advisor.
- Organize, partner with and coordinate family members, interested parties and external resources to ensure the smooth execution of familial estates at a much lower cost than using a lawyer or accountant.
- Ensure regular communication with interested parties regarding the status of all aspects of the estate administration including expenses incurred for the estate.
- Develop relationships with all interested parties, financial, familial, legal etc to ensure efficiency and timely execution of estate.
- Provide on-going communication regarding the status of the administration of the estate.
- Execute all aspects of the estate from probate to final disbursement of proceeds in a cost effective and timely manner.
Get in touch with Laura Ross Estate Consulting, we can help.